By Ana León & Melissa Cantú
Hello! Last week we saw in class a map that showed the main roads for transporting goods, where Germany, Netherlands, UK and northern Italy outstand from the others. On this case it only analyzed a part of Europe so we went on to investigate which are the best countries based on their logistics.
The Logistics Performance Index (LPI) “helps countries identify the challenges and opportunities they face in their performance on trade logistics and what they can do to improve their performance.” It is a weighted average of the countries scores based on 6 dimensions:
- Efficiency of the clearance process
- Quality of trade and transport related
- Ease of arranging competitively priced shipments
- Competence and quality of logistics services
- Ability to track and trace consignments
- Timeliness of shipments in reaching destination within the scheduled or expected delivery time.
The last LPI was on 2014 and the top 10 countries are:
- United Kingdom
- United States
On the following link you can see the total score for all 160 countries and their individual grade on each of the 6 dimensions.